There Are Many Considerations To Planning Landscape Construction
Despite the relentless winter weather that often seemed as though it would last forever, it was inevitable that the seasons would change and the time would come to once again be out working in the garden and/or considering some new landscaping ideas and plans.
Over the last few weeks, homeowners have been assessing the damage to their property as a result of the harsh winter and, almost as an act of defiance, accelerating garden activities, lawn maintenance, and landscape construction efforts to compensate for time lost due to the late winter thaw.
With respect to landscape construction or reconstruction, this would be an ideal time for homeowners to wipe the slate clean, so to speak, as a means of revitalizing the look and feel of their landscape designs and eradicating any evidence of ice and snow damage from the past winter. If landscape construction services are feasible this year from a budget standpoint, consider the following to get the process underway:
- Do you entertain frequently or are you predisposed to quiet relaxation?
- Do you like to actively work in the garden or prefer to do minimal maintenance?
- To what extent do you value your privacy?
Garden Or Landscape Features
- Do you want the option of walkways or paths throughout the garden?
- Will you be adding any water features such as ponds or fountains?
- Is the construction of a tool shed, deck, or gazebo a distinct possibility?
- Will the landscape emphasis be flowers, shrubs, trees, or a combination?
Examples And Ideas
- Collect photos from landscape and garden magazines
- Search and bookmark websites of various landscape services
- Take your own photos of public or private gardens and landscaping
Some homeowners decide to do their own garden and landscape construction over time, as they find pleasure in working outdoors, at their own pace, and take a great deal of pride in their own workmanship. For others, the expertise and expediency gained by employing professional services is a more favourable option.
The Benefits Of Using Professional Garden And Landscape Construction Services
Professional garden and landscape construction services, provided by the experts at Landcare, offer a multitude of benefits for homeowners looking to refresh or renew the look of their property – within both a finite time frame as well as an approved budget.
There are many stages involved in the construction or reconstruction of a garden, and the Landcare team can provide insightful guidance and/or professional services during each phase of the process. From an overall perspective, Landcare’s vast experience in landscape construction will prove to be a valuable asset in relation to:
- Site surveying
- Consultation and idea generation
- Garden and landscape construction design:
- Conceptualization of a master plan
- Municipal permits and consents needed
- Plan implementation (planting and construction
- Maintenance or follow-up services required
In addition, Landcare’s trained specialists can provide professional landscaping services in a number of areas, including:
- Removal or replanting of existing trees or shrubbery
- Appropriate soil and flower bed preparation
- Proper planting of new flowers, bushes, and trees
- Correct grading required for effective drainage
- Masonry or stone work
- Other garden accents such as:
- Pathways and stepping stones
- Water features
- Statues and statuettes
If you are considering landscape construction or reconstruction after the severe weather experienced this past winter, call Landcare today at 416-410-0320 or contact us to discuss how our landscaping services can best meet your needs.