An Effective Lawn Care Program Is Much More Than Just Mowing Your Lawn
Whether you own a residential or commercial property, if the property includes a lawn or any grass-covered areas, you will have the ultimate responsibility for the proper lawn care and landscape maintenance.
Landscape maintenance plays an integral role in safeguarding the health and vitality of your property, as well as its visual appeal, even if a neighbouring property is poorly kept (or especially because it is poorly kept).
Proper lawn care requires much more time and attention, and effort, than merely cutting the grass on a regular, or perhaps semi-regular, basis. Residential and commercial properties may be subjected to a variety of issues/problems which must be addressed swiftly and adequately with an appropriate maintenance measure or action.
Some of the common lawn care problems that you may encounter would include:
- Unsightly weeds and crabgrass
- Insects – feeding on grass blades (chinch bugs) or root systems (grubs)
- Damage from animals such as raccoons, skunks, moles, and field mice
- Diseases (often difficult to identify or distinguish)
- Thinning, sparse growth, or infiltration of moss in shaded areas
- Pet damage, either from digging/clawing or urination
- Other damage (e.g.: from excessive road salt deposits, heavy foot traffic)
Any and all of the above situations can cause a significant amount of stress to your lawn.
As a result, detailed steps must be performed routinely in order to prevent these issues from occurring or to eliminate them as soon as possible after they have been observed.
To paraphrase the popular tagline from a television commercial, lawn maintenance is much more than just ‘cut it and forget it’.
Why You Should Consider A Professional Lawn Care And Maintenance Service
In some/many instances, life’s priorities (family, work, personal commitments) can take precedence over other wants and needs, including maintaining your home and property. It may not be a question of intentionally ignoring your lawn care and maintenance issues but rather just a function of the time and the means to fulfill such a responsibility.
Landcare, a leading lawn care and landscape maintenance provider in Toronto, has the expertise and resources necessary to address any type of issue or problem. From the simplest measures to the most complex applications, the experts at Landcare will provide the professional level of service required to maintain the health, vitality, and appearance of your residential or commercial property while you tend to other priorities.
Landcare offers the following maintenance services for our customers in Toronto and the GTA:
- Aeration to loosen compacted soil and allow penetration of nutrients
- Proper lawn mowing – with correct blade height and blade sharpness
- Fertilization techniques using an appropriate blend of nutrients
- Safe and effective application of insecticides and pesticides
- Timely application of herbicides to eradicate weeds
- Maintenance of proper soil pH to encourage and promote growth
- Assessing diseases/dead areas and recommending courses of action
- Tips on appropriate watering practices
- Tree pruning to allow increased sunlight penetration
- Spring clean-up to prepare for a healthy growing season
- Fall clean-up to prepare for winter dormancy
Considering the services of a professional landscape maintenance provider for your commercial or residential property? For a lawn maintenance program that offers much more than just cutting the grass, call the experts at Landcare today at 416-410-0320 or contact us to arrange a consultation.