Keep Your Yard Looking Perfect With Our Landscape Maintenance Program
Most people tend to focus on spring cleaning when the weather begins to get warmer. However, a homeowner’s yard and surrounding garden or landscape is often neglected until the interior of the house has been completed. This is unfortunate, because time is vital when it comes to preparing a landscape maintenance program for the season. The timing of when you begin your yard clean up and oxygenate the soil is important for maintaining a healthy and thriving lawn and garden.
If you wish to put in place your own landscape maintenance program, we are happy to offer you these useful tips.
Plan A Proper Landscape Maintenance Program
- Begin by clearing your lawn of leftover leaves, twigs, and other debris that has gathered throughout the winter. Raking is the easiest way to do this. You’ll be surprised at how much debris can be found on your lawn even after continual leaf raking in the fall.
- Soil in both the lawn and garden need cultivation to reduce compaction, increase oxygen levels and improve water absorption. Lawn areas are cultivated by aeration which is typically done once a year. Many homeowners skip this important step in their lawn maintenance.
- Look for moss growth. If you spot any, you may need to lime the affected soil to reduce acidity levels.
- Seed areas of your lawn that appear bare or suffering from compaction or neglect.
- Start your lawn off with a nitrogen rich fertilizer application once the snow has melted. However, be sure not to overdo it or you could end up damaging your lawn.
Of course, if you are not the DIY enthusiast, hire a professional Toronto landscape maintenance company. Landcare will ensure that your lawn and gardens are healthy right through the year and always looks well maintained and beautiful during the warmer months.